Thursday

Spastic For Plastic

I've been having some fun with 2-liter bottles, 
lately. This candy dish was so simple and quick. I just love the result.

Here's a play-by-play of exactly how to make this adorable addition to your decor.


The first step is to cut off the top of the bottle. Use the label as your guide, it is the exact height you need.

Don't discard the bottle top, we will make good use of that in a later post.






Next, peel off that label. There will be label and adhesive residue left behind. You will need to completely remove it, using your method of choice.
I used hot water and a fingernail to get off the rest of the label, and peanut butter to remove the adhesive.





Now, it's time to make your cuts down the sides of the bottle. Make evenly spaced cuts from the top edge to approximately 4 inches down, resulting in 8-10 strips. Then round the corners on each one, and use a hole punch to make a hole in the top. I made mine the full depth of my hole punch to make it easy.





Bend each strip to the outside so that the punched hole is directly over the line around the bottom of the bottle, just above where it starts to curve. Make a mark on the line for each strip. Then use an exacto, or other tool, to make a small hole at the mark you made.






I used fishing line to attach my buttons. It's nearly invisible from the outside of the dish, and was fast and secure.

I hope you enjoy making, and utilizing, this totally adorable candy dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Ideas?
Let me have 'em!